Easy To Make Jam Pinwheels
This quick and delicious recipe is easy to make, super tasty and will go down great with the kids. Follow the below easy steps to create your own puff pastry. then add Santa Rosa Cherry Conserve, roll up and pop in the oven! As simple as that to bake your own Jam Pinwheels!
Ciao Gusto has many authentic Italian ingredients within its range meaning you can create amazing dishes in the comfort of your own kitchen. For instance, there are over 30 of Italy’s most popular brands for you to choose from, including the fruit conserve range by Santa Rosa. Flavours include Cherry, Peach and Apricot. Furthermore, Ciao Gusto currently has a promotion running on the Santa Rosa fruit conserves between 26th January to 15th February 2022, where you can buy any 2 and get 20% off.
Jam Pinwheels Ingredients:
- Santa Rosa Cherry Conserve
- 140g unsalted butter
- 150ml ice cold water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 225g plain flour
Step by Step Instructions:
- Firstly, start by sifting your flour along with ½ teaspoon of salt. Pop in the fridge to chill for 5 minutes.
- Next get your butter and chop into small 3cm cubes.
- Add the butter cubes into your salted flour mixture and coat them well.
- Pour your ice cold water in the bowl and stir quickly to create a rough dough.
- When the dough is formed, create a sausage shape, wrap in cling film and put in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- When the pastry is ready to roll, lightly flour your worktop and the dough itself. With a rolling pin, you should roll the pastry into a rectangle shape that is 1cm thick.
- The trick of making a good puff pastry is layers! Therefore, fold up the bottom third of the pastry and fold down the top third.
- Then roll your pastry out again into the 1cm thickness. Continue this process of folding the thirds and rolling back out four times.
- Your pastry is now prepared, place in the fridge for an hour.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6.
- Ensure your pastry is rolled out evenly to be 1cm thick. Get your Santa Rosa cherry conserve and spread a layer on to the top of the pasty.
- Finally, roll the pastry into a sausage shape so that the jam is rolled on the inside of the swirl.
- Grab a knife and cut the pastry into sections about 5cm apart.
- Lastly, place all of the swirls onto a baking tray, swirl side up. Bake for 30 mins.