Find A Blue Paint Colour To Revitalise Your Home
When it comes to transforming the atmosphere and aesthetics of your home, few things can have as profound an impact as choosing the right paint colour. Blue, with its timeless appeal and soothing qualities, is a popular choice for many homeowners. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore some of the most coveted blue paints, including Hague Blue, Oval Room Blue and Stiffkey Blue. We will also discuss how to use these colours effectively in various rooms of your home, such as the living room and kitchen. Plus, we will answer some burning questions like what colours complement a Duck Egg Blue bedroom or kitchen, and whether blue kitchen cabinets are a wise choice. Let’s dive in so that you can find your perfect blue paint colour.
The Allure of Blue
Blue is a versatile colour that can evoke a wide range of emotions and moods, making it a favourite among interior designers and homeowners. From the calming and serene vibes of light blues to the bold and dramatic statements made by deep blues, there is a shade of blue for every style and personality.
Why Choose Blue?
- Timeless Elegance: Blue has an enduring appeal that transcends trends and fads. It can be both contemporary and classic, making it suitable for a variety of design styles.
Serenity and Calm: Lighter shades of blue, like powder blue or sky blue, can create a tranquil and relaxing atmosphere in your home. It is an ideal choice for bedrooms and bathrooms where you want to unwind.
Bold and Dramatic: Deep blues, like Hague Blue and Stiffkey Blue, make a bold statement. They are perfect for creating a sense of drama and sophistication in spaces like living rooms or dining rooms.
Versatility: Blue pairs well with a wide range of other colours, allowing you to create countless colour combinations to suit your preferences and needs.
Now that we have established the appeal of blue, let’s delve in to find the perfect blue paint colour.
The All-Stars of Blue Paint
Hague Blue is a dark, rich blue colour that has become a sensation in the world of interior design. This deep, moody shade can transform any room into a space of elegance and sophistication. It is named after the rich blue of Dutch paintings and adds a touch of old world charm to modern interiors.
Where to Use Hague Blue:
- Living Room: A Hague Blue living room is an excellent choice for a living room feature wall or as an accent colour. Pair it with light grey or beige to create a balanced and stylish look.
- Kitchen: A Hague Blue kitchen can be a showstopper. It pairs beautifully with brass hardware and light countertops, creating a harmonious blend of modern and classic.
Oval Room Blue
Oval Room Blue is a soft and muted blue green paint colour that exudes a sense of tranquillity and calm. Named after the Oval Room at the heart of the White House, this colour is associated with elegance and timeless beauty.
Where to Use Oval Room Blue:
- Bedroom: For a peaceful and restful atmosphere, consider painting your bedroom in Oval Room Blue. It complements white or cream coloured furniture and bedding exceptionally well.
- Living Room: This colour can create a serene living space, especially when paired with natural materials like wood and stone. Add some greenery, and you will have a room that feels connected to nature.
Stiffkey Blue is named after the stunning coastal village of Stiffkey in Norfolk, England. It is a rich and intense navy blue, perfect for creating a bold and dramatic impact in any room.
Where to Use Stiffkey Blue:
- Dining Room: Stiffkey Blue can make a grand statement in a dining room. It pairs well with gold accents and dark wood furniture, creating an opulent ambiance.
- Study or Home Office: This color can inspire focus and creativity, making it a great choice for a home office or study. Pair it with warm lighting and cosy furnishings.
Blue Green Paint
Blue green paint colours offer the best of both worlds – the serenity of blue and the vibrancy of green. These shades can add a refreshing and harmonious touch to your interiors.
Where to Use Blue-Green Paint:
- Bathroom: A blue green shade like aqua or sage green can create a spa like atmosphere in your bathroom. Add white tiles and natural materials for a beachy feel.
- Kitchen: A blue green kitchen can feel fresh and inviting. Consider using this colour for kitchen cabinets, paired with white countertops and stainless steel appliances.
Combining Blue Paint Colour with Other Colours
One of the joys of working with blue paint is its versatility in pairing with other colours. Here are some suggestions for combining blue with various hues:
What Colour Goes with a Duck Egg Blue Bedroom?
Duck Egg Blue is a soft and delicate shade of blue with a hint of green. It pairs beautifully with:
- Cream or Ivory: Create a soft and elegant look with cream or ivory coloured furniture and bedding.
- Coral or Peach: For a pop of colour, consider coral or peach accents in pillows or decor items.
- Gold or Brass: Incorporate gold or brass elements in lighting fixtures or picture frames for a touch of luxury.
What Colour Goes with a Duck Egg Blue Kitchen?
In a Duck Egg Blue kitchen, you can achieve a charming and inviting space by combining it with:
- White: White cabinets and countertops to create a fresh and airy atmosphere.
- Grey: Light grey walls or accessories can complement Duck Egg Blue beautifully.
- Wood Tones: Wooden elements, like a butcher block countertop or open shelving, add warmth and texture.
Are Blue Kitchen Cabinets a Good Idea?
Blue kitchen cabinets can be an excellent idea, provided you choose the right shade and pair them with complementary colours and materials. Here are some considerations:
- Shade Selection: Opt for a blue shade that suits your kitchen’s size and lighting. Lighter blues work well in smaller kitchens, while darker blues like Hague Blue can be stunning in larger spaces.
- Countertops: Consider white, grey or natural stone countertops to balance the boldness of blue cabinets.
- Hardware: Choose hardware finishes like brushed nickel, brass, or matte black to complement your blue cabinets.
- Backsplash: A white subway tile backsplash can provide a classic and timeless contrast.
Are Blue Kitchen Cabinets in Style?
Blue kitchen cabinets have been enjoying a surge in popularity in recent years, making a significant impact in the world of interior design. This resurgence of interest in blue cabinetry can be attributed to several factors, including its versatility, timeless appeal, and ability to adapt to various design styles. Here’s an expanded look at why blue kitchen cabinets are not only in style but also a fantastic choice for modern homeowners:
One of the key reasons blue kitchen cabinets have become so fashionable is their versatility. Blue comes in a wide range of shades, from soft and muted pastels to deep and dramatic navy blues. This versatility means that you can find a shade of blue to suit almost any kitchen design or style, whether you prefer a cosy cottage feel, a sleek modern look or something in between.
Blue is a classic colour that never truly goes out of style. Unlike some trendy colour choices that may feel dated after a few years, blue has a timeless quality that ensures your kitchen remains stylish for years to come. This timelessness makes blue cabinets an excellent long term investment.
Variety of Complementary Colours:
Blue pairs exceptionally well with a variety of complementary colours, allowing for endless design possibilities. White, grey and natural wood tones are common choices to combine with blue cabinets, creating a balanced and visually appealing kitchen. Additionally, blue can work with various metals, such as brass, copper, or stainless steel, for cabinet hardware and fixtures.
Blue is often associated with tranquillity, serenity and relaxation. Incorporating this colour into your kitchen can help create a soothing atmosphere, making it a pleasant space for cooking and gathering. Lighter blue shades can make your kitchen feel open and airy, while darker blues add depth and drama such as a Hague Blue kitchen.
Blue cabinets can serve as statement pieces in your kitchen. They draw attention and become the focal point of the space, making a strong design statement. This is particularly effective if you have an open concept kitchen where the cabinetry is a prominent feature.
While personal style should always be a priority when designing your kitchen, it’s worth noting that blue kitchen cabinets can also enhance the resale value of your home. Their contemporary appeal and timeless quality can make your property more attractive to potential buyers.
The Perfect Blue Paint Colour for Your Home
In conclusion, finding the perfect blue paint colour for your home involves considering your style, the mood you want to create and the specific room you are decorating. Whether you opt for the rich depth of Hague Blue, the serene elegance of Oval Room Blue or the dramatic impact of Stiffkey Blue, blue paint can transform your living spaces into something truly special. Just remember to balance your blue choices with complementary colours and materials to create a harmonious and inviting atmosphere in your home.
* This article contains affiliate links *